Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sloppy Joe VS Manwich

Yes, I could make my life so much easier than it already is by buying a can of manwich....but no. I refuse. I will make it from scratch by mixing....
1 lb hamburger
(I think I mixed more..not sure though. Ours is frozen in zip lock baggies)
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup bbq sauce
2 tbs mustard
8 oz can tomato sauce
4 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp garlic salt
plus salt, pepper and onion to the taste.
 
It was a heck of a lot messier than I remember. I don't think I've eaten one since high school! My bun was so soft it totally fell apart and I had to eat it with a fork! HA. yummmm
It made enough for 6. I made them for lunch so Ian and I both had one, he took two for his dinner tonight and Kyle just had his! :) Success! Although now Kyle doesn't have lunch for tomorrow! hah... wait. I guess Ian doesn't have lunch for tomorrow either. Doh!

2 comments:

  1. That's the same recipe I use. I love it! When I cook sloppy joe's anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh thats awesome! I just saw some other recipes and blended them together to make this one! hah

    ReplyDelete