Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Chicken Enchiladas

Tonight for dinner Kyle and I were looking through a ton of cook books trying to find SOMETHING to make that included ingredients I already had at home.. which wasn't much. Then Kyle said.. how about enchiladas! There was no need for a recipe for that! Even though I've never made them before I knew exactly what to do (after a quick call to Emily first haha).

I used the small white corn tortillas. In order to make them soft so they don't crumble, dip them in oil until it bubbles, flip, bubble and and you're done! Next I put them in Old El Paso Enchilada sauce.
Then I filled them with chicken and cheese and rolled them up... I used my amazing Pampered Chef food chopper to chop the chicken almost to mush!
Set the oven at 375' to preheat.
I used 1 can of enchilada sauce since that was all I had. I poured the extra sauce on top of the enchiladas and covered them with cheese.

Popped them in the oven for 15-20 min and VoilĂ , it's done!
If you like a lot of sauce, definitely use 2 cans for 12 enchiladas. Should have put more cheese on top too!! The only thing we were missing was the refried beans! Oh well.
Dinner was a tasty success :)

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to eat these for lunch/dinner tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Your posts always make me hungry! Love me some Mexican food!

    ReplyDelete