Monday, January 25, 2010

Chicken Squares gone wrong!!

Growing up when my mom would make Chicken Squares for dinner I got so excited! I LOVED them...despite how funny looking they were.
She made them once when we had the missionaries over for dinner. They both just stared at them, not knowing what to expect. Excitedly I told them "they may look weird but they're soooo good" and I was thrilled to find out they enjoyed them as well :)
I've never attempted to make these tasty squares until now.
It didn't go over too well and I'll explain why as I go.

To start out you'll need an 8 pack of the refrigerates crescent rolls. Come to find out mine had 6... the 50% larger 6. When you take them out connect 2 rectangles together by pinching them and or rolling them.
Next you mix together 3 oz. soft cream cheese
3 tbs melted butter
2 cups cooked chicken *cubed*
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbs milk
Preheat the over to 350'
Spoon the mixture into the center of the rolls.
Next it says to pull the 4 corners of the dough to the cop center of the chicken mixture. Twist slightly and seal the edges. WELL since mine were SO HUGE and long I couldn't figure the twisting part out. So I just folded them over and sealed them. Making them look MUCH less pretty than my moms.
Brush the top with melted butter and sprinkle with seasoning salt of choice. Bake for 25 min.
They came out SOOOO huge! Like double the size they should be and far less attractive than normal! hah Luckily they still tasted AMAZING... just how I remember :)
The recipe should make 4 squares if you get the right pack. I doubled it and made 6... which really should have been 8. One of these days I'll figure out how to twist the top to make it look pretty. But for now these GIANT Chicken Squares will do ;)

3 comments:

  1. I make those too I call them chicken balls I only use one of the crescent rolls and then they make smaller balls but that looks yummy that way too. I may try that tonight. Thanks I needed a dinner idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sure were delicious though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I bought the big pack before. As long as they are sealed and there is enough mixture inside you are good. Not bad! No one else has been able to make them but me, glad someone else can too!

    ReplyDelete