Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I've got a bun in the oven and I don't mean food!

I told Ian about 7 months ago that we WILL NOT have a baby until I lose weight. I didn't want to look like a balloon next to a twig! Well.... 18 pounds later that time has come!

Saturday I woke up to my "official" missed period. I was freaking out (in a good way). There's no way I would be able to wait a week to take a test. So I called Emily asking her how long I should wait. She told me it was impossible for her to even wait a day, but it's better to wait so you don't invest money and emotions when you take the test and start an hour or day later. She did say that if it would make me feel better, just take the darn test! Sooo..
Ian and I headed to the store to pick up some things... and a pregnancy test. When we first walk into the store I see pringles and put them in our basket. We walked around the store a little bit and I couldn't hold off any longer! I popped the lid and started munching on the salty chips right then and there. When we get to the check out I show the lady my chips and asked her if she could scan them first so I could continue to munch. THEN I handed her the pregnancy test and she gave me a little look which said..."oh honey, you are SO pregnant" haha
We get home and I was determined to save the test until Sunday.... 5 minutes later I was upstairs peeing on a stick. Right away the stick changed to a light plus sign. I was in shock, took a picture and sent it to Emily with the words "Plus Sign?"

She called me right away... "GIRL YOU'RE KIDDING ME?! YOU'RE PREGNANT!" Instantly I started to cry.... this was TOO perfect.. too good to be true. Seriously.. perfect timing. Then I insisted on taking the 2nd test on Sunday... 5 minutes later I was up in the bathroom again. This time with the result of an even more prominent plus sign! It was official.
WE'RE PREGNANT!
The whole week prior Ian was convinced I wasn't pregnant. So he was definitely in a state of shock. After the 2nd test he was more convinced and started chanting "We're gonna have a baby, we're gonna have a baby!"
We then called my mom and his mom. I was so happy with his mom's reaction. He called her and said "Mom... Wendy took a test.." then she replied with "what test? oooooooooh!!!!" and squealed with delight! It totally made my day. My mom on the other hand.. every time I call and say "guess what?" she ALWAYS, without fail says "you're pregnant?". Well this time she finally got a yes and was happy with the result!

So I filled in my information online and I'm roughly 4.5 weeks and the baby is due September 25th. On my brother Kevin's birthday, 5 days after my dad's birthday.... the same day as a few other friends birthdays!
Now.. when I said before that this was perfect timing, I meant it. It's right after the summer wedding rush (I have 1 in May in CA, 2 in June one of which is in CA, 1 in July and possibly 1 in Nov. in CA). I will have a nice gap to have the baby and recover. I know August is also a busy wedding month, but I'm not sure I will be booking any the month before my baby is due! We'll see though.
I'm so happy and excited that God answered my prayers. I've been stressing out telling Ian we only have a tiny gap to get pregnant to fit around the weddings. It happened and I couldn't be more thrilled!

I also went to the Dr. yesterday to get blood work done so that I'm150% sure I'm pregnant. They called this morning and said I am indeed pregnant, but I should go back in tomorrow to make sure my levels are going up!!! I know most people wait longer to tell, but I can't.. I'm just too excited! Wish me luck!

I want to keep track of my measurements each month.. so here they are.

STARTING MEASUREMENTS:
weight: 131
bust: 34'
waist: 26'
belly: 32'
hips/bum: 36'

2 comments:

  1. I am so very happy for you both! Such an exciting time! Now read, read, read all those things I gave you! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. we already started reading the book! i kinda want to read as i'm pregnant. so right now we're waiting for week five to come so we can read about that! haha

    ReplyDelete