Monday, January 18, 2010

Chicken & Broccoli Ring

Tonight's dinner was a Pampered Chef recipe... Chicken & Broccoli in a ring! Here's the recipe and how to make the ring...
To start out, I didn't feel like going to the store to get a bell pepper, dill mix or a garlic clove. But I looked up "All-Purpose Dill Mix" and Pampered Chef's recipe consists of dill weed, onion, garlic, herbs and spices. So to make up for my lack of seasoning I chopped up a small slice of an onion and mixed it with seasoning salt and garlic salt. Then I put poultry seasoning on my chicken while cooking it. I mixed everything together and it tasted fantastic!
Here's my ring with the yummy mixture...

I forgot to put the egg on top.. but I didn't put almonds on it anyway and I figured the egg was to help make the almonds stick. So instead I put cheese on top. Like I've said before, we LOVE cheese around here! 
This picture makes it looked burnt but it's not! It's totally pretty...
 See.....
 

Edits: We didn't have Mayo so I used Miracle Whip. I was afraid it would make it taste tangy, but it totally didn't! Thank goodness!

Learn from my mistakes:
DO NOT make this on top of the stove. All my little triangles started melting from the heat of the oven. They totally stretched out so I had to roll the ends instead of it fitting perfectly across the mixture! haha

If you like this recipe Pampered Chef has sooo many different recipes you can put in these rings and other fun shapes!

Now swing on over to my Photo Blog to see the cutest pictures ever of Kyle and Sarah that I photographed!

1 comment:

  1. Keep the delicious recipes coming babe!

    ReplyDelete