Saturday, November 27, 2010

Our Thanksgiving

Mine and Ian's Thanksgiving was spent at home, alone. His parents went off on a cruise and my parents decided to not come up this year. Most of my family drove down to CA to surprise them, but since Ian and I JUST drove down there Ian couldn't get time off work to do it again.
It started off with Ian making a mini Thanksgiving lunch which consisted of Turkey, candied yams, crescents and sparkling cider. I was horrible and didn't take pictures.
THEN Ian surprised me (okay so I knew a couple weeks in advance) to a 2 night stay at the Zermatt Resort in Midway! Our last little getaway before the bebe comes :)
This is what we saw when we walked into the room..
We started off our evening to a movie.. Harry Potter. I didn't read the books, so I thought it was okay. Ian  on the other hand loved it! On our way to the resort on the freeway a deer decided to run right in front of our car!! I screamed DEER! Then closed my eyes and braced myself. According to Ian, he turned the wheel one way, then realizing he was about to drive off the road he turned the wheel another way, then somehow we spun around and the car died in the middle of one of the lanes. Ian thought we were going to roll the car. I was just waiting for a loud crash. Luckily we were okay and that stupid deer made it across the road safely! Poor Ian was totally shaken up.
When we finally made it back to the resort we had a pretty little tray waiting for us. So we hopped into our robes (mostly because we forgot to pack pjs to lounge in) and devoured our strawberries and sparkling cider.
We had a HORRIBLE nights sleep that first evening. Ian kept seeing us swerving around the freeway and I couldn't sleep due to LOUD banging and clinking noises around us. It seriously sounded as if we were sleeping next to a kitchen. 
The next morning Ian had a couples massage planned for us. This would be our 2nd couples massage together. We LOVE massages :) it felt so amazing and they even had a little maternity pillow for me to lay on so I wouldn't squish the baby!! After our massage we headed out to the Tanger Outlets to do some Black Friday shopping.. even though we obviously missed the morning rush. We ended up getting some more cute cloths for the baby.. and a swimsuit for me since we forgot to pack those as well! ha
When we got back from shopping we got into our suits (Ian had to buy one at the resort since there weren't any on the clearance racks of ANY of the stores) and put our robs on to head out to the pool! But we got stopped by the manager who asked if he could switch us to another room due to a leak on the floor above us!! Totally nuts. So we moved our things and headed to the pool.
They had an awesome indoor/outdoor pool and hot tub. I actually preferred going in the hot tub outside. There's just something about being surrounded by snow and enjoying a nice hot soak!
After some hot tubbing (which only lasted about 20-30 minutes, can't stand the head for too long, plus I didn't want to roast the baby! hah) we headed to the wellness center where they have an awesome Eucalyptus steam room.. which is medicated. Totally amazing! There were also these crazy 10 headed showers! I want one. There was one HUGE shower head straight above, then rows of 3 shower heads on three sides of your body. I absolutely LOVED it!
When we got back to our room we had another surprise for us with a little note. The note said something along the lines of.. sorry for the inconvenience of moving you lets us know if there's anything else we can do for you. They also gave us free dinner that evening to a Sea Food buffet that was $40 a person. Sea food made me want to puke at the moment, so we down graded to their more basic restaurant! ha! Which also wasn't appetizing to me either. Oh well.. here's our cute tray that they brought us!
This fruit dessert was pretty yummy. The chocolate one was disgusting! So we only had two bites and left it. ha!
We slept SO much better that night. No loud, crazy noises and no more bad dreams for Ian! Besides the close call to DEATH due to a stupid deer, the getaway was really nice! I love my hubby so much. He can be so thoughtful and creative when he wants to be ;)
Thanks for the awesome Thanksgiving babe! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I am so impressed! That's awesome. That sounded amazing, except for the suicidal deer part. I'm so glad it turned out ok. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Ian! So glad everything turned out for the better and you had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete