Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Southwest Taco Pie

While I was flipping through the cook books yesterday I came across this recipe. Unlike yesterday, I was more willing to go to the store to pick up a few things. Here's how you make it, and here's how I did!..

I think my so called "dough" hated me. I swear I put everything in it called for. I couldn't roll it out big enough or pretty enough. The edges just kept crumbling!
After I got it in the pie pan and made it as pretty as I could (even though the dough didn't reach the edge) I put the meat, salsa and cheese in.
Popped it in the oven....
And here's how it turned out!

 
It was pretty tasty. Too bad Kyle and I weren't very hungry! Hopefully it taste just as good as left overs as well. Poor Ian, never gets anything homemade the day of! hah

3 comments:

  1. Yeah I wish I got to try the fresh meals, they always look so scrumptious! But at least the leftovers are yummy. Thanks again for the homecooked meals pookie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious! Yum! Also the pic of your cat wet looks like Mr. Miagi you know from the Karate Kid hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha.. brandie you crack me up!

    and you're welcome honey bunny ian pants :)

    ReplyDelete