Sunday, April 11, 2010

Soft Sugar Cookies

I got another recipe from church a few weeks ago and decided to try it out to bring to today's Gailey family dinner. I've made sugar cookies before with babysitting kids and they're always thin and crunchy. I've been told it takes a perfect recipe to make AMAZING sugar cookies. I was hoping this was going to be just that!
Since my family is HUGE I doubled the ingredients. After a HUGE mess and squeezing 12 cups of flour in my new kitchen aid I realized it wasn't big enough.
Sooo Ian and I cleaned up the stove and I had to kneed in the rest of the flour by hand. Although, I thought it tasted amazing and didn't need anymore flour. So I just added in 1 more cup and kinda sprinkled some on here and there so it wouldn't stick.
I flattened it out and tried rolling it flatter with my tiny mini roller (I totally need a REAL rolling pin) and cut out circles using a cup.
When they were done baking I swear they still weren't finished. But I guess I tend to burn things and that obviously makes them darker. I tried putting them in longer and longer each time... which resulted to this...
From left to right ... 9 minutes, 12 minutes and 15 minutes. 9 and 12 ended up being the best. I had to throw away the 15 minute batch. The bottom was horrible (good thing there were only 6 cookies on that tray! hah)! Oddly enough here's the tops of all three... They all look the same!!
I made over 40 cookies today. I ate so much of the cookie dough the cookie itself just didn't do it for me. It wasn't that AMAZING sugar cookie I was looking for, but it was soft! I thought they were a little bland and could use some frosting, but I ran out of ingredients to make it. Luckily we threw Sarah (my brother Kyle's fiance) a kitchen bridal shower and she got a TOOOON of frosting! So I frosted them at dinner and they ALLLL got eaten! Success! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment