Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Cotton Candy Cupcakes / 2nd birthday

Yes, the last food post I made was seriously a year ago.. for Emberly's 1st birthday. I'm so horrible. I will try to my best to keep you updated with yummy recipes! I've been trying new things, but haven't been photographing them and sharing them. I wasn't intending to post this since I used my camera phone, but I figured I'd share anyway! 
So, as you may have seen in a previous post, Emberly is 2! I once again made cupcakes for her party with my family. This time I made something totally different (as far as cupcakes go). I made Cotton Candy Cupcakes!
Here's how I made them
1 box Funfetti cake mix (follow instructions on box)
2 pkts Duncan Hines Cotton Candy Recipe Creations Flavor Mix
1 can Duncan Hines Frosting Starter kit (sold next to the flavor mixes)
Sprinkles
1 cup white chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and ingredients on box. Add in ONE packet of the cotton candy mix with a rubber spatula until blended and combined. Stir in the white chocolate chips.
3. Scoop an even amount into 24 muffin tins. Bake 16 minutes or until edges are lightly golden and center is set. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
4. Stir the remaining flavor packet into the can of icing. I put the icing in a frosting bag to swirl it. Then topped liberally with sprinkles.

ONE NO NO.. learn from me! The cotton candy mix WILL turn your cupcakes blue. I decided I wanted them pink... so I added in food coloring. I should have known better that blue and red made purple.... which looks brown when baked. Should have stuck with the blue... it would have looks so much more fun! Regardless, Emberly loved them and they were TOTALLY yummy!

Woo hoo for being 2!


No comments:

Post a Comment