Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mini Shepherd Pies

I've never had Shepherd Pie before.. let alone ever HEARD of it. But when I came across this recipe I decided to try it out.

Ingredients
1 pound ground beef
1 tablespoon dried minced onion
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/3 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1/4 cups mashed potatoes
3 ounces cream cheese
1 batch biscuit dough
1 cup shredded cheese

Directions:
In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat til meat is browned. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until tender; drain. Stir in the ketchup, vinegar and salt; set aside.
Make the biscuit dough and shape into tablespoon sized blobs. I just used premade biscuit dough. Although I should have gotten the HUGE biscuit dough because you're supposed to press 1  dough ball onto the bottom and up the sides of each of 10 greased muffin cups. Mine wasn't big enough to go up the side of the muffin cup!
Next you fill with beef mixture.
 In a small saucepan, whisk together your mashed potatoes. Beat in cream cheese until smooth. Spread potato mixture over beef. Sprinkle with cheese; press down lightly.
 Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Like I said before, I've never had this before. So I wasn't sure what to expect. It was kinda different. Good, but different. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm....
    I've heard of 'em... but have never tried them myself.

    ReplyDelete